Sunday, November 20, 2011

...Dormont Food Blogger Tour

On Saturday, October 23rd, I was invited to take part in a 'Burgh Bits and Bites Food Blogger Tour in Dormont. I loved it so much that I arranged a private tour of Brookline on Wednesday, November 23rd for my own family and friends! Check out what we saw in Dormont, and if you are looking for something fun, different, and delicious to do with family and friends, book a food tour! 

Dormont Streets
Dormont Mural, celebrating 100 years in 2009

Slim Bryant, famous local musician, is part of the mural
Potomac Ave. - Location of our stops on the tour


Yummy thumbprint from Potomac Bakery
 Dormont Dogs



Texas Avenue Dog - chili, Fritos, nacho cheese, sour cream sauce.  Very Tex-Mex and delicioso!
Close-up of the Texas Avenue Dog. Buns come from Potomac Bakery!
They were showing the worst movie ever made that night, "The Room".  







Corner seats, balcony, Hollywood Theater

Hollywood Theater Women's Room.  Retro.
Concession Stand, Hollywood Theater
Don Campiti's Pizzeria
I've eaten a lot of pizza in my life; this is good pizza!

Interior, back room

Another angle of the back room

Spinach & Feta Swirl. Spinach & feta is a fabulous combination, so this was fabuloso!
Flaky and tasty!

Sausage used at Fredo's
Menu and counter at Fredo's
Mmm, I need to go back for these!

Heaven in a display case

Even more tempting in black and white

Clockwise from top: Irish Carbomb, two Pumpkin, Cosmopolitan cupcakes

Cosmopolitan Cupcake.  Gorgeous and scrumptious!
I love Asian Pears.  I just wish they weren't so expensive!

The wine. 
And then I went back to Sugar Cafe for take-out dinner (I had to work at Kennywood that night!)...

Chicken Mole Wrap (in foil), chips, pickle

Chicken Mole Wrap.  I wouldn't have objected to more mole on it, but it was DIVINE!
Really looking forward to Brookline!  A big thanks to our tour guide, Culinary Cory, and all of the other food bloggers on the tour for making it an enjoyable, fun afternoon!:

Food Collage
Cooking For My Dad
Motor City Girl in the Steel City
I heart PGH
Pittsburgh Food Scene
Yum Yum


'Burgh Bits and Bites Food Tours
Website: http://www.burghfoodtour.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/burghbitsandbitestour
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/burghfoodtour

No comments:

Post a Comment