Barcelona & Madrid, Spain, June 2013, a set on Flickr.From June 24-July 1, 2013, four of my students, my brother, and I traveled to Barcelona and Madrid, Spain. I had never been to Europe (none of us had), and it was quite an adventure.
And 2 years in the making, We couldn't have done it without help, especially from the Pittsburgh restaurant industry. You. Are. Awesome.
I would like to thank everyone who helped us along the way:
- Alma Pan-Latin Kitchen, for donating the proceeds of their Father's Day brunch to the trip, as well as selling City Dining Cards on our behalf. You are so generous!
- YADA YADA Empanada, for your awesome fundraiser!
- Casa Rasta, for holding a benefit dinner and donating the proceeds to the trip. Gracias!
- PGH Taco Truck, for donating drink sales on several occasions.
- The countless people who bought flower bulbs, coffee, cookie dough, bears, dining cards, beanies, and much, much more to help out our cause!
- The teachers, staff, and administrators of the West Mifflin Area School District, who have been SO supportive of having our students experience other cultures!
- A special thanks to Meg A., who handles student activity accounts for the district, for putting up with my many deposits and check requests! You rock!
I am also happy to announce that I am planning another trip for 2 years from now - to COSTA RICA! This will be an exciting one, with zip-lining, whitewater rafting, kayaking, and horseback riding! See this link for details, and let me know if you're interested:
I hope you enjoy looking at our pictures from the trip! Please let me know if you have questions or feedback!