Thursday, November 14, 2013

"Where did you go?"

The question of the summer/fall.  

Well, I've been busy - but not busy eating out or even making food myself, unfortunately.  I took on a supplemental position as an assistant band director for the school at which I teach (yes, I do have musical background, but I assisted with more non-musical roles - uniforms, attendance, etc.), and it took up a LOT of my time.  In addition, I went from teaching ESL and 2 levels of Spanish, to teaching ESL and 4 levels of Spanish - only 1 of which I had taught before.  So, my summer and fall have been filled with lesson planning, football games, band festivals, and parades. 

And let's not forget my other job at your favorite Pittsburgh amusement park.  That's not over until Christmas.

I don't regret any of it one bit.  

However, you know I like to stay busy, and all of the band stuff is slowing down now that football season is over, so it'll be time to tackle some new restaurants, try some new recipes, and make some Hispanic/Latino foods that I have been dying to try out making myself (Empanadas? Arepas?...)  I'll be looking for some other ideas as well, and I'm hoping to see more of what the Hispanic community in Pittsburgh has to offer.  If you have any ideas or suggestions, please do not hesitate to let me know via email (senoritacibulka@gmail.com), Facebook, or Twitter!

I hope to hear from you soon, and watch for more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment