Saturday, February 9, 2013

Coffee & Cookie Day 2013

Coffee & Cookie Day has come and gone. I am exhausted from it.

Less students are in our Spanish classes this year - and with the changes in my own schedule, we had far fewer students between mine and Mr. McMonagle's classes. We weren't sure if we'd beat last year's total of $957, which was our goal. The odds were against us, but we didn't want to let Make-A-Wish down.
Some of the cookies on the counter - I couldn't get everything in one photo!
Student brought in TONS of cookies, brownies, milk, hot chocolate, etc. We even had some students bring in donuts, Eat 'N Park Smiley Cookies, and one student even MADE chocolate-covered strawberries (they looked professionally-made, too!)!  Dozen Bake Shop donated a spectacular tray of goodies and cake pops, and The Greek Gourmet donated their fabulous hummus packs again (you'd better believe that I bought one for my lunch!). I spent a lot of time running around Costco and baking cookies myself (which you'll get to learn about a bit later...)


The cookies I baked - stay tuned for more on these in a future post...
I loved my hummus so much, I finished it through a stir straw. The Greek Gourmet makes the BEST and most ORIGINAL hummus! I think I grossed out the student who took this picture, though.  Sorry, Sara!
We should've just propped the door of D101 open, for as many times as it opened and closed throughout the day. Students, teachers, teacher aides, security guards...that door withstood a lot of swinging.  In addition, most people were overly generous, often telling us to "keep the change" or just donating money without buying any goodies.

UPDATE: Our final total was $1072!!!  You guys are AMAZING!  We BEAT last year's total by $115 - and we were afraid we wouldn't get anywhere near that with less students participating!!!

Thanks to all who bought cookies, and a very special thanks to Dozen Bake Shop and The Greek Gourmet for their donations.  Your generosity is very much appreciated by me and everyone who enjoyed your food!


Cookies-on-a-Stick, brownies, blondies, & ginger cookies from Dozen Bake Shop in Lawrenceville


Cake pops from Dozen Bake Shop - these were gone within 10 minutes!
Pretzel & hummus packs from The Greek Gourmet in Squirrel Hill.  These also didn't last long, and they were only offered to teachers!

I could not be more proud of my students & our staff for making this happen, despite the odds. Mucho amor a todos.

Dozen Bake Shop
3511 Butler St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (Lawrenceville)

Website: http://dozenbakeshop.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dozen-Bake-Shop-Dozen-Cupcakes/25721167653
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dozenbakeshop

Dozen Bake Shop on Urbanspoon

The Greek Gourmet Marketplace
2130 Murray Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15217 (Squirrel Hill)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greek-Gourmet-Marketplace/193575232586
Twitter: https://twitter.com/greekgourmet


Greek Gourmet on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment